Project main page   |   Entrance to the Game   |   Forum

The Greatest Money-Making Secret in History! - Joe Vitale

Experiences, successes and thoughts

The Greatest Money-Making Secret in History! - Joe Vitale

by Lambar » 10 Aug 2011, o 13:43

This is an excerpt from the book as in the post title: The Greatest Money-Making Secret in History! - Joe Vitale

This quite small book presents very important idea - Act with happy, Feel the joy of acting.

This idea also applies to Abraham Bank, so nice reading

------

The Great Secret To Activating The Law

The lady on the phone had a question.
I've been giving money away for years and I haven't seen my own prosperity grow at all. What am I doing wrong?
Where are you giving money?
To my local church.
Why are you giving them money? I asked.
They need it.
How do you feel when you give it to them?
Like I am helping them out of a hole.
But how do you really feel when you give them money?
There was a moment of silence.
Well, it's a pain, she admitted. I cringe when I write them a check.
Not good.
If you feel lousy when you give money, then you are associating money with bad feelings, I explained. You probably don't want to attract more bad feelings, so you probably won't attract much more money, either.
Wow. I never thought of it that way.
And if you give because someone asked for it or even pleaded for it, then you are reinforcing need, I explained. In order for you to experience increased wealth, you want to give money wherever it
makes you feel good to do so. In other words, giving to someone who needs it is a noble thing to do. Do it. But that's not the principle I'm talking about here.
I get it! she said. I couldn't help but think some other part of the universe was helping her understand what I couldn't explain.
What did you get? I asked.
I've been keeping the church in a begging mode, she said.
My heart wants to give money to wherever I feel spiritual nourishment. Sometimes that's my church. Sometimes it's not.
You got it! I said.
And there you have it.
You can give money to any causes you like. I've helped The Red Cross, the Make-A-Wish Foundation, cancer funds, and more.
But I didn't expect my finances to increase from that giving. That generosity was helping, yes, but not necessarily activating spiritual law.
The spiritual law of financial income seems to happen when you give money freely to wherever you get your spiritual nourishment, with a small expectation that somehow, some way, some day, your finances will increase as a result.

Giving to worthy causes might activate the law if you feel you received spiritual nourishment from those causes. But if you didn't, and you give anyway, you are probably just helping people in need.
That, of course, is noble. I say do it.
Again, the subject of this book is the greatest money-making secret in history. And you activate that secret when you give freely, joyously, to wherever you currently get spiritual nourishment and nurturing.
Money is an outer form of spiritual substance.
-- Georgiana Tree West, Prosperity's Ten Commandments

The Great Back-Door Secret to Wealth

I received a check in the mail today from a long-lost friend.
The check is for only a portion of the money he owes me. But since he took almost ten years to send this amount, I am glad to see it.
Ten years ago he hired me to write a detailed marketing strategy for him. At that time, I charged a few thousand dollars for such a service. He agreed to it and said he would pay. I did the work and he didn't pay.
Because he was my friend, I let the invoice slide. Months went by. Then years. Then he moved to another state. And I moved to another city. He went on his way in life and basically dropped out of
my awareness. I went on my own way and fairly quickly became somewhat famous on the Internet for my books and tapes.
One day a few months ago I received an email from someone who wanted to co-author a book with me. He said he knew some of my friends, and mentioned the one who owed me money.
As soon as I saw my old friend's name, my blood pressure rose.
I felt myself get angry. I felt ripped off. Betrayed. Hurt.
I took some deep breaths and calmed myself down. I talked to myself. I reminded myself that the universe is a big place (some understatement) and that wealth can come from many avenues, not just from past invoices. I decided to forgive my friend. And I did, mentally. I sincerely let him and his debt go. I didn't need the money. And I didn't need to be right.
After maybe nine years, my friend sent me an email. He said he knew he owed me money. He explained that he had tough times, that he had moved, that he was trying to make it as a professional
speaker. He added that he wanted to bring peace to our old friendship.
I wrote him a brief note saying we already had peace. I also invited him to pay off his invoice by sending me a check for a tiny percentage of what he owed me (about twenty percent, as I recall).
He agreed. Well, he didn't send me a check. Not right away, anyway.
Several more months passed before I heard from him again. This time it was another email, and this time he was again explaining his situation to me.
I remained at peace. I knew I would have money. It didn't have to come from him. The universe---whatever you want to call that power bigger than you or I---would see that money came to me as long as I stayed in the flow. And being at peace is a good way to stay in the flow.
And, as I explained in the beginning of this chapter, the check arrived today.
I have no idea how my old friend felt as he wrote that check. I hope he did it with a heart full of joy. If so, he activated the moneyattracting principle.
I know when I wrote a check for $500 to my brother, who had helped me out of a bind twenty years before and I finally paid him off, I felt exhilarated. Writing that check to Ted made me feel like a
king. And it gave me such an inner sense of peace that that alone was worth a million dollars.
I'm calling this sense of peace---or forgiveness, if you will---a back-door secret to wealth.
Where in your life are you holding grudges because someone owes you money? Or maybe because you owe someone money?
Let it go. Talk to yourself. Allow yourself the heavenly awareness that the universe provides, not your friends. Money doesn't come to you from them, it comes to you through them.
Once you can let the grudges go, you free yourself to receive.

Beware This Great Trap

The article that gave birth to this book was called The Greatest Money-Making Secret in History, which was a shorter version of chapter one.
That article became so popular that it was distributed to thousands of people across the Internet. Ezine publishers reproduced and distributed it. Content websites stored the article on their sites.
And dozens of people wrote me, most thanking me and praising the article.
But a few of the emails I received were curious. They were from people asking me for money.
Apparently they read my article and concluded that I was someone who would give money to anyone who asked for it. So they wrote and asked for it.
The problem is, that's not what the article describes as the great secret for attracting wealth. I never wrote, Ask for money and you'll get wealthy. Instead I conveyed the message, Give money to wherever you received spiritual nourishment and you'll activate the money-attracting law.
I wrote to every person who had written to me asking for money. I explained the concept.
None of them wrote back.
I'm bringing this experience up for you to consider for two reasons:
1. Don't beg for money and expect to get wealthy. Just look at the beggars on the streets. They are not living prosperous life styles. They are just getting by, if that. Or look at the people who do fund-raising. Most of them are begging, though they would never call it that, and they never seem to have enough. Is that a clue or what?
2. Don't give money to beggars and expect to get wealthy. I didn't say don't help the poor, though it's questionable how much it helps them to hand them things. Instead, I'm saying don't give money to people just because they ask for it and expect to turn on the universe's cornucopia.
I see giving money out of a sense of obligation or duty as a trap.
That was always the problem I had with ministers who asked people to give money because either (a) they needed it or (b) the Bible decreed it.

Either may be true. But if you or anyone gives money without a feeling of joy in your heart, it is highly unlikely that the money you gave will come back to you multiplied.
The best way to determine where to give money is to ask yourself one simple question:
Where did you receive the most joy?
And if you want further clarity, or more questions to assist you in knowing where to give money, try these on for size:
Where were you reminded of your divinity?
Where were you encouraged to go for your dreams?
Who made you feel glad to be alive?
Whatever your answer, that's where to give your money.
Many people have had a psychological block against tithing (giving), because so many theologians have stressed what tithing would do for the church rather than what it could do for the
individual.
-- Catherine Ponder, Open Your Mind to Prosperity

My Great Confession

Okay, I'll confess.
I found it hard to believe I would receive money if I gave money.
It just sounded like such a con, like a strategy promoted by people who wanted me to give money to them.
Well, I was too smart for that.
I decided that I would not give money, but that I would instead give books.
That's right. Books. I had plenty of books. Since I had worked as a New Age journalist and book reviewer for many years, I had collected a lot of books. I had more than I needed. Why not give some of them away?
I still remember making the decision. I was lying in bed in Houston, where I lived at the time, reflecting on how to get prosperous.

I remember thinking, I can become the richest man in America in terms of books.
And right then and there I decided to try out the giving principle on books.
Within days I had called a few friends over and let them pick out books. I didn't let them pick out any books or all my books, of course. But I pulled a few piles of books out and let my friends take what they wanted.
Then, over the course of the next few months, whenever I gave a talk someplace, I also gave out books. I found it a terrific way to hold attention. Whenever someone's attention seemed to wander, I announced a free book for the next person who asked me a question.
Everyone in the room perked up.
And when I moved into this country estate where I now live, I set about 25 boxes of books in the garage. I then threw a housewarming party and had people come over. I told them that before they left, they were encouraged to go through the boxes and take what they wanted. Everyone did. One person took so many books that he needed a dolly to wheel them to his car.
What was the result of my grand book-giving?
Ever since the day in Houston when I decided to give books to receive books, I have always had an abundance of books.
And today I own one of the largest book collections in the world on marketing, and another on metaphysics.
People see my collection whenever they visit here and are in awe.

What they don't understand is this:
Books will always come to me because I always give books.
I was activating the great giving principle, but on books.
Today I know to give money to receive money. And as a result, I have money, far more than I ever did when I lived in Houston.
But in those early days, when I feared losing money and wanted to hold on to all I had, all I could allow myself to give were books.
As a result, books came.
Listen and learn: Give what you want to receive.
We must not try to fix the avenues through which our good is to come. There is no reason for thinking that what you give will come back through the one to whom you gave it.
-- Charles Fillmore, Prosperity

The Great Man Who Gave Away 30 Million Dollars

I just learned that a famous, colorful and charming American philanthropist is dead.
I had always loved his book, Ask for the Moon and Get It: The Secret to Getting What You Want by Knowing How to Ask.
His name was Percy Ross. Maybe you heard of him. Ross gave away an estimated thirty million dollars to various charities and organizations. He also wrote a syndicated newspaper column, called Thanks a Million, for approximately 800 nationwide newspapers for 17 years. The column contained letters from people writing Ross, telling him their story and asking for his help. It was fascinating.
It was fascinating because Ross could always see through people. He would read their letters and sense if they were sincere, or lazy, or begging. And he always replied with words of wisdom---and sometimes with a check. He gave checks 120 times per week.
And in 17 years he gave away about $30,000,000.
The thing is, Ross started with two million dollars!
Do you see the giving principle at work here?
Ross began with two million dollars as his source funds. You may not have that amount, but the story still holds true. In 17 years Ross gave away thirty million dollars!
Again, giving leads to receiving.
Consider: Have you ever experienced a situation where you were asked to donate money to a particular cause, and looking at your shrinking bank balance you were torn between giving money or not? Many people have told me stories about being in this exact situation, but after deciding to go ahead and make a donation, these same people were very surprised when suddenly a sum of money came to them from some unexpected source to replace the money they just gave away.
The truth is, if you hold on to your money, you risk losing the very thing you are hoarding. On the other hand, if you trust good things flow to those who give freely, you will always have funds
available to suit your needs. To prove this, look at Percy Ross. He started his charitable ways with $2 million dollars and yet over the course of 17 years donated some $30 million dollars!
I miss Percy Ross.
But now you can take his place.

What is True Giving?
Or, Do You Have An
Equation Mentality?
I just got off the phone with my dear friend, Dr. Paul Hartunian, publicity genius, philanthropist and true lover of dogs.
I asked Paul about giving and how he saw it working in his own life and with his own personal cause. That's when he told me something truly eye-opening.
Too many people make an equation out of giving, he said.
They give some money and then wait for it to come back to them ten-fold. That, to me, is not true giving.
This was a shocking statement to me.
What is true giving then? I asked.
I believe true giving is done anonymously, Paul explained. If someone gives a million dollars to a foundation because they are going to have a building named after them, then that is trading, not giving.
Paul was bringing up a valid point.
I remember a time when someone e-mailed me, asking what they should do if they try to give money to their friends and it's refused. I remember thinking, Why do your friends have to know it's coming from you? Can't you give in secret?
Paul went on to tell me something even more fascinating.
I think the secret to giving is in not caring if it comes back to you or not, he explained. Once you don't care, you're in the flow.
Ah, yes!
That's the secret!
Give without expecting return --- give because your heart moves you to give --- give because it's your joy to give --- and you're in the flow of life itself.
All I can say is that maybe the Cosmos handles the rest, Paul told me. I've been blessed in my life but I didn't give to be blessed. The cosmos just took care of me.
I love how Paul Hartunian explained all of this to me. He gave such a practical, level-headed view of giving.
I have no problem with someone being recognized for giving, he added. But if you give because you want recognition or you expect a ten-fold return, then you're not giving, you're calculating.
Paul walks his talk. Around Christmas of 2002 he sent me an email and asked if I had anything of a spiritual nature he could give to the readers of his e-newsletter. He said he always gave them publicity and money-making advice. Now he wanted to give them something spiritual.
I suggested he let his fans read the e-book version of my #1 best-seller, Spiritual Marketing. I told him anyone could read the eversion online at http://www.mrfire.com/spirit
Paul let his readers know. He was very generous to do so. After all, he didn't make a dime off my book and never would from this endorsement. He was simply giving.
Now the punch line here is that Paul had, at that time, about 76,000 readers. That meant his gift (and my gift, too) touched a lot of lives. Paul gave from his heart. I gave from my heart. How this will come back to us, no one knows---except maybe the Cosmos.

Are you giving?
The law of prosperity, whose first action is giving, comes so close into the heart of being that we can scarcely expect to weigh and balance it by numbers and calculations...We must give without expectation of return.
-- Ernest C. Wilson, The Great Physician

Show Me The Money!

Am I the only one who really saw the movie Jerry McGuire?
That hit movie starring Tom Cruise had everyone repeating the famous line, Show me the money!
I didn't watch the movie for nearly one year after it was released because I thought it was all about greed. Since everyone who saw the movie smiled and repeated that one line --- Show me
the money! --- as if it were some sort of national mantra, I wasn't interested.
But then one day Nerissa and I wanted to watch something on television. As luck would have it, Jerry McGuire was coming on the tube right about then. So we settled in to watch it. I was amazed. The movie wasn't about greed at all. Yes, Jerry came from a money-hungry place, but he soon learned that that mindset wasn't going to work.
Greed was out.
Greed was a dead-end street.
Greed led to a poverty of spirit.
Instead, Jerry the sports agent learns about the power of passion. When he truly starts to care for his client, to look for and activate the heart in the one player he represents (who does the same for him), then and only then does he start to taste real success and start to experience real happiness.
Oh, there's no doubt the refrain Show me the money! is a catchy one. It's done so well in the movie, and said so often, and delivered with such upbeat emotion in the one unforgettable scene, that you can't help but remember it.
But that's not what the movie is about. Not to me. The movie is about show me your heart, not show me your money.
Giving is like that.
If you give because you want money, you are not giving but simply trading.
If you give because your heart sings to do so, then you are truly giving.
It's the difference between Show me the money! and Show me your heart.
The universe responds to your heart, not your money. The money is just a symbol.
Give money from your heart.
When you do, very quickly and in the most surprising ways, the universe itself will then Show you the money!
But don't give to get. Don't give as a negotiation with the universe.
Give to give.

The Greatest Spiritual Mind Treatment

May I offer you a gentle reminder of how the principle of giving works?
I went online and created the following short Spiritual Mind Treatment specifically for you. You can go to the same forms I did and create one even more personal and relevant for you. Just go online to http://www. wm op.org/Smt.htm (domain does not work anymore)
A Spiritual Mind Treatment or affirmative prayer is "…a recognition of Spirit’s Omniscience, Omnipotence, and Omnipresence, and a realization of humanity’s unity with Spirit..."
(Ernest Holmes, Science of Mind textbook, pg. 149.)
That may be more than you or I can understand, so let's just call a Spiritual Mind Treatment a formula for getting in tune with the infinite. Call it magic. Call it a reminder. Call it a lucky charm. It doesn't really matter.
Treatment is not trying to make yourself believe something that is not so, but is based upon truth, wrote Robert Bitzer in Collected Essays of Robert Bitzer. It is to change your belief so that
you can recognize and accept the truth.
In other words, a treatment is a way to remind yourself of what already exists. For example, the law of giving already exists. It is truth. A treatment would be to remind you of that fact.
You can say the words below at night, in the morning, to yourself, or out loud. Most importantly, whenever you are about to give money away, say these words (or ones of your own that have meaning for you):
I know there is an infinite energy system in the universe that is of me, in me and around me. We are all connected to it, are in it, and are of it. I am connected to you as well as to everyone else through the energy that sustains us. I know that when I give anything into this energy system, it will return to me in kind, multiplied and amplified because the nature of the system is to grow and expand. I am grateful for this realization, and for the gifts I have now, am receiving, and will receive. I trust the process to work for me, as it does for everyone who activates it with giving. So be it.
It is so!
As always, how you feel as you say those words is what matters most. Emotion activates the law.
Feel joyous.

How To Think Like God

About ten years ago I gave a talk entitled How to Think Like God. People loved it. The few who were there that day in Houston still remember it. And last year I put the talk online, where anyone could listen to it over the Internet. Everyone loves it.
The reason it has such broad appeal is it's so freeing. Thinking like God is all about no-boundary thinking. Do you really think God would have limits? Do you really think God would talk about lack and limitation? Do you really think God would have excuses for not doing things?
I don't think so.
In my talk I told stories about Barry Neil Kaufman and his wife, Susie, healing their son of autism.
I also talked about Meir Schnieder, born blind and diagnosed as incurable, who now sees and helps others to gain or regain their vision.
And I talked about my work with Jonathan, the miracles coach I had worked with years ago. (Most of the stories are in my book Spiritual Marketing.)
The point here is this: If you were to pretend you could think like God, how would you think? What would you do? What would you say?
I'm pretty sure God wouldn't balk at giving money (or anything else).
I'm pretty sure God wouldn't worry about how money would come to Him (or Her).
I'm pretty sure God wouldn't put a limit on what He/She gave, either.
So: What would you do if you thought like God?
This wonderful question spills over into every area of your life.
How would you act in your relationships if you thought like God?
How would you act at work if you thought like God?
How would you behave in society if you thought like God?
This is more than a liberating exercise in creative imaging. This is a chance to expand your heart, too.
How do you think like God?
You pretend.
You pretend you are God.
If you were God, how would you think?
Personally, I don't think with any limitations at all when I start to role-play thinking like God.
My mind starts to consider anything and everything: Cure cancer? Of course! Win millions in the lottery? Easy! Solve world hunger? No sweat!
Of course, implementing those wide-reaching goals is another story.
So let's bring it back home, to the individual, to you, and to me.
If I thought like God in my own life, what would I do different?
Well, this book is a good example.
I spoke to John Harricharan on Friday afternoon. He's a dear friend and spiritual advisor. He was in one of his psychic places that day and told me I would soon write another book.
You don't have to be psychic to know that, of course. I'm an author. I'll always write another book.
But something in me triggered when John said another book was coming. We talked about book ideas for a few minutes. He pointed out how popular my article had been, the one titled, The Greatest Money-Making Secret in History. He said a book on that would help the world, and be very welcome.
While I hadn't told John this before, I had wanted to write a book based on my article. John's gentle push was all I needed.
I started writing the book the very next day. As I type these words it is now Monday --- three days later.
In short, by thinking like God, I removed all limits to how long it takes to write a book.
This one was done over a weekend, more or less.
Not bad.
Back to you: If you thought like God, what would you do right now?
If it's give money, go give it.
If it's write a book, start typing.
If it's start a business, get going.
There are no limits.
Just think like God.
In my personal experience, the reasons for tithing were never explained clearly enough, and there was always so much pressure from the head of the church that it never seemed like a free-will gift, given in loving gratitude, but rather just another bill we had to pay.
Because of that attitude, tithing usually doesn't have the effect of opening the prosperity flow. The attitude, motive and Spirit with which we give this money back to the Universe is the most important thing about our gift. Our motivation must be that the money we are giving away is a gift of love we are giving back to the Universe in gratitude and appreciation for our gift of life.
-- Patricia Diane Cota-Robles, It Is Time For You To Be Financially Free!

Lambar
Administrator

Re: The Greatest Money-Making Secret in History! - Joe Vital

by PurpleGirl » 11 Aug 2011, o 11:46

It's not a secret anymore
PurpleGirl

by Francis » 15 Aug 2011, o 04:28

Wow, this is a great reminder as well as a lesson for some people out there who find it difficult to give out willingly. I read Joe Vitale book sometime ago and was so engrossed with what I was reading that I totally forgot that I was cooking......well, the food actually got burnt and I had to go to bed without eating.

I agree with Joe on the principle of giving..... and not just giving, but giving that comes from the heart.....willingly and not expecting anything in return. A lot of folks thinks that giving money out will make them poor. And some think that one must have millions before he can give out. This idea is totally wrong. Giving doesn't make one poor and one must not have millions before he can give generously. I believe that the giving that stems from the heart is the best form of giving and not just giving to impress or because one is mandated to give. Personally, I don't believe the concept of giving out money publicly.....such giving is not made in good motive, but to impress. Also, one doesn't need to be begged before giving out as such does not attract wealth.
Thanks for this great post.
Francis

by Okechukwu » 17 Aug 2011, o 16:44

Lambar quoting Joe Vitale wrote: Instead I conveyed the message, Give money to wherever you received spiritual nourishment and you'll activate the money-attracting law.
I wrote to every person who had written to me asking for money. I explained the concept.
None of them wrote back.
I'm bringing this experience up for you to consider for two reasons:
1. Don't beg for money and expect to get wealthy. Just look at the beggars on the streets. They are not living prosperous life styles. They are just getting by, if that. Or look at the people who do fund-raising. Most of them are begging, though they would never call it that, and they never seem to have enough. Is that a clue or what?
2. Don't give money to beggars and expect to get wealthy. I didn't say don't help the poor, though it's questionable how much it helps them to hand them things. Instead, I'm saying don't give money to people just because they ask for it and expect to turn on the universe's cornucopia.
I see giving money out of a sense of obligation or duty as a trap.
That was always the problem I had with ministers who asked people to give money because either (a) they needed it or (b) the Bible decreed it.

Either may be true. But if you or anyone gives money without a feeling of joy in your heart, it is highly unlikely that the money you gave will come back to you multiplied.

I believe the statement above has said it all. Item 1 really hit the point the way I like. People that beg are always static financially......they are always poor because they portray a mindset of LACK. Instead of using their creative mind to think of how to attract ABUNDANCE, they set their mindset toward negativism- sense of lack thereby devaluing their thinking ability perhaps due to inferiority complex. These set of people is aptly described by an American Philosopher and Psychologist William James quote “There is but one cause of human failure. And that is man's lack of faith in his true Self.”

Also, giving out to beggars in expectation of something in return does not make any difference. One should not hope to be wealthy or attract wealth in this kind of giving cos the motive behind it did not stem from the right mindset. The gift was giving because someone actually demanded for it. And in most times, it's given with grudges or reluctantly.

The keyword here is to give out freely from the heart without being asked to do so. ''Givers never lacks'' says the good book and according to a Malayan Proverb, it says ''If you have give; if you lack, seek.''

Thanks for this excerpt from Joe Vitale's ''Money-Making Secret book, its inspiring.
Okechukwu

by Kingsley » 20 Aug 2011, o 21:54

Okechukwu wrote:Also, giving out to beggars in expectation of something in return does not make any difference. One should not hope to be wealthy or attract wealth in this kind of giving cos the motive behind it did not stem from the right mindset. The gift was giving because someone actually demanded for it. And in most times, it's given with grudges or reluctantly.

The keyword here is to give out freely from the heart without being asked to do so. ''Givers never lacks'' says the good book and according to a Malayan Proverb, it says ''If you have give; if you lack, seek.''

True talk.Now the question each and everyone should ask him/herself is:

Do we give hoping to get something back?
Do we give freely from our heart?
Do we give only when we are compel to give?

Food for thought. Thanks for that.
Kingsley

by Lambar » 21 Aug 2011, o 19:41

This is a very good questions,
gives much food for thought.

Lambar
Administrator

by svem1 » 12 Apr 2012, o 11:29

Thanks a lot! Very actual theme for me. As addition I recommend to read the article Using the law of attraction
svem1

by Lambar » 13 Apr 2012, o 10:11

Hi! Quite interesting site

Lambar
Administrator

« Return to Law of attraction every day